Our work is paradigm shifting
Our teachers and administrators love their jobs but feel stressed out, exhausted, and overburdened—statistics in a national 46% burnout rate. We work with educators on the edges of burnout and bring them back to wellness. so that they can work sustainably at their school sites for years to come.
- School leaders and teaching teams experience radical increases in well-being, retention, and impact. Together, we re-envision what it looks like to serve students while teachers care for themselves.
- Every school team receives practical and essential tools to stay together as a team for five years or more. All of our facilitators and mentors are former teachers (and we LOVE what we do).
- School packages range from whole-staff professional development and analytic-based systems solutions to individual mentoring, multiple workshops, yoga classes, and wellness research.
Our seven PD experiences bring mindfulness to group facilitation, providing concrete tools to inform choices, cultivate energy, and connect to colleagues throughout the workday.
Offered in a workshop setting of 6 hours or as individual PDs that range from 90-120 minutes, these include:
- Strengths Development: Find your balance as you identify your internal strengths.
- Stress Resilience: Learn more about the biology of stress through the lens of teaching.
- Healthy Communication: Discover ways to honestly and clearly communicate your needs to your colleagues, as well as students and families.
- Managing Transferred Trauma: Successfully teach academic content while managing student emotion.
- Mindful Teaching Toolkit: Make mindfulness authentic to yourself as a teacher.
- Nutrition I: Healthy Eating in the Classroom: Learn tips on how to plan your nutrition throughout the week from our licensed nutritionist.
- Nutrition II: Energy Giving Nutrition: Understand your body and what foods you need to fuel you at different times in the day.
1:1 MINDFUL MENTORING
One-on-one Mindful Mentoring sessions for Teachers and Administrators integrates wellness into school culture. Mindful Mentoring is opt-in and never mandatory.
- Non-evaluative sessions are catered to each educator’s learning style and experience.
- All mentors are specially trained former educators.
- Sessions focus on communication, time management, self-awareness, and bringing mindfulness into the classroom—tailored to veteran and new teachers and to administrators.
- Sessions run for 30 minutes, often scheduled during teacher prep periods.
- Reflect on your roles as leaders,
- Make your well-being and sustainability a priority
- Engage in challenging conversations with colleagues and stakeholders
- Includes both on-site visits and regular virtual coaching via Zoom.
WELLNESS ASSESSMENT AND LEADERSHIP SUPPORT PROGRAM
Wellness programs most effectively support teachers and school communities when there is strategic inquiry alongside program implementation.
- A coherent initiative designed for each school site, Board of Directors, or District Leadership.
- Qualitative and quantitative needs assessment, strategic implementation, and follow-up assessment.
GROUP YOGA CLASSES
Group Yoga Classes are a great way to cultivate mindfulness in your community.
- Scheduled at the convenience of your school site.
- Can be designed for beginners through advanced practitioners
- Can be focused in Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa and other traditions.
- Can be offered to teachers, students, administrators, and all community members.